This week I updated my chalkboard and made the transition from October to November. These are two of my very favorite months of the year. I love Fall, and I love the start of the holiday season in November. (See this post for my October chalkboard)
What are you grateful for today? Isn’t it wonderful that in the US, we have an entire holiday dedicated to giving thanks.
I’m thankful for…
– Change. My sensitive little type A heart sometimes wants to steer clear of unforeseen change, but when the leaves turn brilliant colors, it’s like God reminding me that change can be beautiful. I’m thankful for the changes that He has brought me through and the changes yet to come.
– Relationships. For me, this has been a year of figuring out what relationships look like in a post-college, adult world. I’m still new at navigating the waters of wifehood (is that a word?), and I am developing and growing new friendships and transitioning into a new season with long-held friendships. I’m so thankful for the relationships and friendships I have in this season. You know who you are 🙂
– Mornings. I am a morning person. I love the smell of coffee in the morning, sweet time with Jesus before the rest of the house (*cough* Jeremy) wakes up, and the anticipation of an entire day stretching ahead.
– Music. I have been pouring into creating music quite a lot lately, and I am reminded of how creative God is.
– Adulthood. I kinda like it, actually.
– Family. So cliché. So true. We live apart from both of our families, and I’m so excited to head into a season when we get to spend serious quality time.
– Little joys. Cuddling on the couch. Boots and knee socks. Apple cider. Car seat warmers. Crock pots. Podcasts. A child’s laugh. Board games. Hiking. Antiques.
So that last one was basically an excuse to list a bunch more little things I’m thankful for 🙂
What are you thankful for today? And how will you remind yourself to practice thankfulness this month?